I have a focus within my work on trauma, crisis, addictions, eating disorders, obesity, grief and loss and work with all presenting issues and symptoms that arise within the client work.
My philosophy is to work together with each client to assist them to achieve their desired goals in a calm, safe and positive way. Underlying issues often play a significant role in what and how we feel. I use a combination of Psychotherapy, Brainspotting™, Animal Assisted Therapy, EMDR, Trauma Informed Therapy, Brain Based Therapies, Somatic Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy and Hypnotherapy to assist in identifying and working with any underlying issues.
I work in an integrative way that empowers and supports adaptive coping skills that see individuals as not only capable of surviving but thriving through celebrating resilience and self compassion and empathy for self and others.
EMDR and BrainspottingTM are advanced neurobiological psychotherapies that integrate and combine with talk therapies, expressive therapies, body centred psychotherapy and trauma specific and trauma informed therapies to support clients to make meaning in a way that allows healing and promotes living a more pleasant life.
• ASIST – Applied Suicide Interventions Training
• Blueknot Foundation (Formally Adult Survivors of Childhood Abuse) – Registered on Blueknot Foundation referral data base for counselling and also registered as a support for survivor workshops
• Carers Victoria – Approved for Counselling Services
• Caraniche Pty Ltd – Approved for contract counselling, supervision, debriefs and critical incidents
• CISMFA – Critical Incident Debriefing Group & Advanced
• Department of Veterans Affairs and PTSD Institute Training for Mental Health
• Eating Disorder Essentials – Australian Centre for Eating Disorders (ACFED)
• Eating Disorder Intervention Facilitator – Approved by Australian Centre For Eating Disorders (ACFED)
• Employee Assistance Program … Moorabool Shire Council
• Employee Assistance Program – Approved for Counselling Services with Djerriwarrh Health Services
• Energy Psychology for Weight Reduction and Over Eating
• Level 2 First Aid – Provide First Aid code: HLTPAID003
• Mental Health Training – PACFA
• NALAG Accredited Practitioner – Grief & Loss
• Obesity Intervention Facilitator – Approved by Australian Centre For Eating Disorders (ACFED)
• Supervisor Australian Association of Supervisors (AAOS)
• Supervisor Australian Counsellors Association
• Supervisor Australian Hypnotherapists’ Association
• Supervisor Brainspotting™
• Supervisor Grief and Loss
• Supervisor PACFA
• Victims Assistance Counselling Programs (VACP) – Approved for Counselling Services
• Victims of Crime Tribunal (VOCAT) – Approved for Counselling Services
• Victorian Work Cover Provider
• Working with Children’s card